Many Americans do not realize that they could be paying less for health insurance. Here, you’ll discover the top 4 ways to get cheap health insurance options. Below are four easy steps you can take to find the healthcare option that works for you: You can apply for free Medicaid health insurance; You can ask your employer about health insurance options provided by your company; You can search the Health Insurance Marketplace; You can check if you qualify for Medicare.
If you are not enrolled in a health insurance plan, or are looking for a less expensive healthcare option, there are multiple ways you can find cheap health insurance. In fact, you may even be able to receive health insurance that is completely free.
Medicaid health insurance is a type of insurance that is covered by the government. It is one of the cheapest options for health insurance as it costs very little. In some cases, it is completely free.
To qualify for Medicaid, you must be considered low income according to your state’s guidelines or you must have a certain disability status. You will also need to be a U.S. citizen or legal resident. To find out if you qualify for Medicaid, you will need to know the following information and enter it into your application:
- Your home address and mailing address
- Your Social Security number (SSN) as well as the SSN of anyone listed as part of your household
- Information on how you file your taxes
- Your Household size: This generally includes anyone who lives in your house that you care for
- Employer information for you and anyone listed as part of your household
- Income information for you and those listed as part of your household
- Whether you or anyone else in your household is currently enrolled in any form of health coverage
- Your best estimate of your total household income
Once you have gathered this information, you can apply for Medicaid through your state’s Medicaid agency at any time of year or through your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace during the annual open enrollment period.
Medicaid covers a list of federally-mandated health care services. However, some states may offer additional benefits under their state Medicaid program.
If you do not qualify for free or low cost Medicaid, do not despair. There may be other health insurance plans available for you. Continue reading to discover more ways to find a cheaper insurance plan.